• Experienced private tutor with 5+ years of experience with a range of different subjects, skill levels, and ages.
• Excellent managerial and administrative proficiency, from senior roles in language schools.
• Resilient, efficient, and capable of performing under pressure, from working and studying in fast-paced conditions.
• Open-minded and adaptive communicator, from experience in varying, dynamic environments.
DBS (CRB) Check: no
Durham University [02/10/16 – 05/07/19]
• First Class Law degree (LLB Hons).
The Tiffin Girls’ School [03/09/09 – 24/06/16]
• A*A*A in English Literature, Fine Art and Chemistry respectively at A2 Level
Online Tutor [10/11/16 –present]
• Tailored and delivered online tutorials in GCSE English, Maths and Science.
• Gauged areas of difficulty and used this to provide individualised, structured lesson plans.
• Provided detailed feedback on work and progress to students and parents.
• Included providing sessions for a government-funded scheme for students from under-privileged schools.
Enrolment Assistant, Merton College [21/08/19 – 06/09/19]
• Supported the enrolment staff with student registration and administration.
• Resolved issues and responded to queries from students, parents, and colleagues.
• Liaised with different departments and reported system errors.
Assistant Campus Manager, Professional Linguistics & Upper Studies [16/07/19 – 09/08/19]
Brunel University, London
• Improved the efficient running of the
summer school by streamlining logistical tasks and the operation of the student database.
• Managed the language school staff.
• Ensured student welfare and discipline.
• Resolved issues in daily group leader meetings and from student enquiries.
• Liaised with Head Office and Brunel University to coordinate accommodation, venue bookings, and operations.
• Delivered engaging welcome and induction presentations for students and staff.
Freelance Art Teacher, The Paint and Sip Party Co [January 2019 – May 2019]
Newcastle and surrounding areas, UK
• Planned and delivered engaging and sociable art lessons.
• Curated a fun and open environment for learners of all abilities.
• Encouraged repeat bookings by building rapport and advertising the service.
Activity Manager, Professional Linguistics & Upper Studies [16/06/18 – 16/08/18]
University College Dublin, Ireland
• Coordinated the activity and excursion programme for a language school with up to 400 students during peak time.
• Managed and supported a team of 10 activity leader staff.
• Optimised the running of coach transfers, arrivals, and accommodation.
• Liaised with UCD, Head Office, and external suppliers such as DJs.
• Dealt directly with client complaints and queries.
Freelance Camp Guide, Educom [August 2017 - September 2018]
Brombachsee and Bodensee, Germany
• Planned and taught educational and dynamic English lessons for German students.
• Supported language development by curating an English-speaking environment at all times.
• Led engaging and educational activities.