A qualified teacher and assessor with practical experience of teaching and significant hair and beauty industry work. Hoping to find
a position working with learners with disabilities, special needs, mental health issues and who has a lack of confidence and social skills. Also aim to give support to learners with these issues throughout their studies so that they can reach their full potentia
DBS (CRB) Check: yes [We have collected and approved this users CRB/DBS certificate]
2015 – 2017 PCGE – Wrexham Glyndwr University
Modules included: Introduction to Teaching, Reflective Practice, Subject Specialist Pedagogy, Teaching & Learning, Organisation & Individual, Continuing Professional Development, Negotiated Study and Teacher as Innovator.
2020 – County Training, Hereford, Ludlow & North Shropshire College
• Maths, English & Employability Tutor – Planning and delivering lessons on Functional Skills English and Employability qualifications to learners on Study Programmes.
2019 – Skills Network, Distance Learning Tutor for Mental Health/Learner Support Advisor
• Marking and providing developmental feedback for learners undertaking a Level 2 course in Mental Health.
Providing telephone tutorials when necessary and acknowledging moderation reports to support for feedback reviews.
2019 – Novus Cambria, HMP Berwyn, Wrexham
• Work Based Learning Assessor – Building customer service qualifications, delivering and assessing prisoners in a work based environment within the prison as part of their rehabilitation.
2018 – North Shropshire College, Oswestry & Walford
• Independent Living Skills and Employability lecturer – Planned and delivered lessons on employability, IDL skills, Maths & English Functional Skills, Vocational Tasters in Childcare and Health and Social Care and maintaining classroom and behaviour management
• Assessed students against set criteria to pass units
• Personal Tutor – Providedp
astoral and academic support to health and social care students, managing behaviour, one to one and group tutorials ensuring learner targets were being met.
• Learning Support Assistant – Provided one to one support within the classroom and managed challenging behaviour
2017 – Coleg Cambria, Yale Campus, Wrexham
• Planned and delivered the makeup unit to Level 2 Beauty students including theory and practical.
• Plan and assessed students against set criteria to pass the unit.
• Provided pastoral support to students with behavioural issues, mental health and dyslexia.
• Embedded literacy, numeracy and ICT to support functional skills.
2016 – St. Christopher’s School, Wrexham
• Planned and delivered lessons to Level 1 Beauty students age ranging 11 to 17 from theory to practical
• Provided functional skills support to learners to prepare for assignments and exams
support to students with ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia and other behavioural issues
• One to one tutorials